When it comes to dating, most of us wish we had someone to tell us exactly what we should be doing. It’s much more helpful to hear tips from the opposite sex about what they want from a date. Well, ladies, you’re in luck. We’ve compiled some of the best dating advice for women from men that we could find.
- Don’t expect the nicest restaurant. Setting your expectations too high is one of the worst ways to approach a first date. He might take you to a dive bar, just to see how you react. Whatever you do, keep an open mind, and don’t let any expectations you had ruin the actual date. It could be one of the best of your life!
- Start fresh. Forget everything you Googled about them, or forget whatever your friends have told you. One of the most fun parts of dating someone is getting to know them! Let that happen. If you ask your friends to tell you everything about him before you’ve met, you could have a tainted perspective.
- Don’t talk about your ex. If the topic comes up, you can mention your ex. But don’t bring them into the conversation if you don’t have to. One piece of dating advice for women that a LOT of men seem to have? If you can’t make it through the date without bringing up your ex, it sends the message that you’re not over the past.
- Offer to pay, or to split the check. Offering doesn’t mean you’ll have to do it, and it shows your date that you’re genuinely interested in spending time with them, instead of just being wined and dined.
- Say what you mean. Many men offer this piece of dating advice for women, feeling that women tend to expect guys to read between the lines, then feel disappointed that they didn’t. Be honest. If you’re specific about what you want, you’ll avoid causing unnecessary stress.
- Have a conversation. This might sound like obvious dating advice for women before going on a date, but many men feel this way. It’s exhausting to be the only one talking on a date. The burden shouldn’t all fall on one person, so ask questions and show interest. And, remember, don’t monopolize the conversation by being the only one talking.
- Express gratitude. Many women like when men hold the door open for them on dates. And guess what? Men love when women say thank you for holding the door open! A little gratitude can go a long way.