So, you’ve decided to give online dating a try. Your friends and family had recommended it, and you feel the timing is finally right. You make a profile and get started. And then, nothing but frustration. Dating is always frustrating, but somehow online dating seems like even more of a nuisance. But it doesn’t have to be! We know all about your problems with online dating, and we’ve found the solution. Here’s what we’ve changed, so you can enjoy online dating without the challenges other sites bring:
- Endless browsing. One of the most frustrating problems with online dating is, without a doubt, how endless it can be. It seems like everyone is on some (or all) dating sites, and you can browse through potential matches for ages without finding anyone who really stands out. That can be super discouraging, and may even make you rethink online dating altogether. That’s why 50more offers personalized introductions and settings to help you find someone you’ll truly connect with (See #5).
- It costs money to message. After you’ve browsed for ages, you’ve finally found someone you want to message… but one of the most annoying problems with online dating is that most sites make you pay before you can message someone. Who wants to pay to talk to someone they might not click with? That’s why 50more offers free messaging. If you see someone you like, you can message them without paying. Now, there’s really no reason not to take a chance, so see if there’s a connection!
- One size fits all. Most dating sites are open to way too many different types of people. But we’re not really looking to date someone in their 20s, and we’re probably not looking for the same things in a partner as they are. 50more places value on creating a targeted community of users by age, but we also give users more personalized matches.
- Everyone needs to be premium. On other sites, users keep complaining about one thing: the limitations of premium subscriptions. You’ve decided to pay for a premium account, and then you find someone who seems perfect for you — but you can’t message him because he’s not premium. Why risk your future happiness because someone canceled their subscription last month? 50more’s free messaging allows you to message anyone you want because you’re all equal. There’s no need to keep paying each month if you’re not actively using your account, and you’ll still be able to receive messages.
- Too many bad apples. One of the most common problems with online dating is how hard it can be to find someone who’s actually right for you. It’s one thing to include “no smokers” on your profile, but that doesn’t stop smokers from appearing as potential matches. 50more’s Deal Breakers helps you change your filters, so your online dating experience can actually be a no-smoking zone. Filter by age, distance, politics, education, smoking (and more!) to find someone you’ll truly be interested in.
- There are no second chances. We’ve all had moments when we do things we didn’t mean to. Maybe your endless swiping put you on autopilot, so you just kept “swiping left” on people automatically, or perhaps you meant to connect with someone but accidentally hid them. On most dating sites, that’s the end of that possibility. On 50more, members are allowed to “un-hide” introductions, so everyone has a second chance now!