Finding the perfect Thanksgiving weekend activities for your friends and family to enjoy can be difficult. How do you find something everyone can enjoy? For some of us, we’re just trying to survive the entire weekend with our annoying uncle or our sister’s toddlers. If you’re looking for a relaxing, enjoyable way to spend your Thanksgiving weekend, we’ve got you covered.
- Take a hike. There’s no better way to undo the damages of a Thanksgiving binge than good ol’ fashioned exercise! One of our favorite Thanksgiving weekend activities with friends and family is hiking. Even though it might be a little late for stunning foliage, a Thanksgiving weekend hike is one of your last chances to enjoy the autumn weather. Get the family together and take a nice stroll, burn off those calories, and take a photo! If anything, you’ll work up an appetite for all those Thanksgiving leftovers! But if you’re not looking for something active…
- Just go to the movies!
Looking for some Thanksgiving weekend activities that’ll get you out of the house, but still be lazy? There are so many great movies in theaters now, you’ll really only have to worry about deciding on which to see. If you’re looking for a movie everyone (including kids) can enjoy, consider Pixar’s Coco or even Thor: Ragnarok. For those of you who want to get in early on the Oscar race, consider Lady Bird, Darkest Hour, or Call Me By Your Name. If you just want to watch something fun, there’s always Murder on the Orient Express!
- …or just watch one at home. If you don’t feel like leaving the house, don’t worry. There are even more movies to watch on platforms like Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu to keep everyone happy all weekend long. Not a streamer? Some TV channels are scheduling killer content for the weekend, like AMC’s Thanksgiving Day Godfather marathon. Or, you could choose from Netflix’s critically acclaimed new movie Mudbound or modern classics like Moonrise Kingdom, Pocahontas, and Field of Dreams. The best part? You could do this every night, after any of the Thanksgiving weekend activities you decide to do!
- Get a head start on holiday activities! Some of our favorite Thanksgiving weekend activities are things that actually look ahead to the next holiday season. Whether you decide to go ice-skating with friends or start decorating for the upcoming holiday season, there’s no better way to inject some joy into a weekend with family.
- Or just get a head start on holiday shopping. Who needs Thanksgiving weekend activities when there’s Black Friday sales?! This year, there are HUGE sale on everything from electronics to clothing. Whether you’re looking for a new TV or an Amazon Echo, or just a video game for a nephew, there’s a sale that’ll catch your eye. See a list of some of the best deals here.
- Catch up on new (and old!) TV shows. It can be hard to decide on a movie together as a family, but television can be a bit easier. In addition to TV networks scheduling great marathons of classic shows (like Friends, The Simpsons, Law & Order: SVU, and Diner, Drive-In, & Dives), Thanksgiving weekend is the perfect time to catch up on all you’ve missed. Whether you decide to finally watch the new season of Stranger Things, or just catch up on The Crown or binge Gilmore Girls again, there’s no better way to bring people together for delightful, lazy weekend afternoons.