We’ve already explored how Halloween dates can lead to falling in love, but there are more ways for adults to enjoy this holiday too! Most of us tend to think of Halloween as a holiday for children, but that isn’t necessarily true. Sure, dressing up and ringing neighbor’s doorbells for candy is best left for the kids, but costumes can add some fun to all of our lives. In fact, you might just enjoy Halloween way more this year if you never even leave the bedroom. Costumes make many people feel more sexually confident, so make good use of them. Dressing up in costumes and role-playing add something new to the bedroom, and new things tend to increase our dopamine — which leads to better sex! Before you buy that sexy nurse costume, here’s what you need to do in order to have some truly great Halloween sex this year:
- Find out your partner’s fantasies. For some reason, many people feel uncomfortable sharing their fantasies. Remember that as you try to learn what your partner wants. Keep an open mind, and make sure not to be judgmental. We’d also recommend asking via email, in the car, or in any circumstance where neither of you will be tempted to act on it immediately. Save it for Halloween night!
- Establish boundaries. Just because your partner is into something doesn’t mean you have to fulfill that specific fantasy. If there’s something they’re into and you’re unwilling to do, just say so. And if you’re willing to give it a try, hey, nobody’s judging! For those of you who are uneasy about giving your partner too much control, make a list of what you’re open to trying, and show it to your partner. There’ll be at least one thing they’ll be excited about for your Halloween sex night.
- Prepare for the role. Some people might get a little stage fright before this kind of…performance, but don’t worry! Try to prepare a few seductive lines, but don’t it too seriously. Having something to say can make some people feel more comfortable, but it’s not necessary. The whole point of role-playing is to explore something new, so just enjoy it! And trust us, your partner won’t notice or even care if you mess up. It’s just for fun, we’re not going for an Oscar!
- Tease, tease, tease! Sending your partner flirty texts or sneak peak photos of your look is a great way to get things going throughout the day. Just a glimpse of a wig or some heels is enough to set the mood. It’ll help to build anticipation, and it’ll also give you more time to fully get into character.
- Dress up. We’re highly visual creatures, and your costume is key to success here. If you’re feeling nervous or shy, a few key items can get the job done. But you and your partner will definitely enjoy yourselves more if you commit fully! Again, don’t be afraid of being silly. Ditch those insecurities! Some of these sexy costumes may display parts of our bodies we’d rather not flaunt. But don’t stress. Your partner is probably already into your body — or else they wouldn’t be there. Remember, it’s all in the name of good fun (and good Halloween sex)!
- Communicate. If you’re entering new territory with a partner, it’s important to keep an open line of communication. There’s nothing worse than someone making a move their partner thinks is gross — it’ll turn both of you off! The key to great Halloween sex is to be open and honest with each other. Make sure you don’t just know what your partners fantasies are, but also what turns them off. Communication goes both ways, too. Be sure to encourage your partner by telling them what they do well and what you enjoy. It might just make them open enough to try some of those new things you had on your list.
- Be safe. You’re trying something new, but that doesn’t mean you have to do away with safety.